Another day another bar recipe for YOU!
Introducing these yummy Oat, Honey + Teff Bars! These are calling out to be devoured for breakfast and snacks!
Gluten Free (remember to hunt down GF rolled oats, if you can)
Super duper simple healthy snack life – just the way we like it 😉
I opted for teff flour in this recipe and it works perfectly! Specifically Outback Harvest’s Ivory Teff flour is loaded with nutrition:
High in fibre & iron
Great sources of protein, zinc & prebiotics
Want to find out more? Have a read over on Outback Harvest website for all the juicy details!
When will you be whipping yourself up a batch of these delicious and nutritious bars? Soon I hope!!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup ‘Outback Harvest Ivory Teff Flour’*
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1½ Tbsp cacao nibs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add rolled oats, teff flour, baking soda, desicctaed coconut, flax seeds and cacao nibs, mix well and set aside.
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, add coconut oil and honey, mix well until coconut oil is completely melted and mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir through vanilla.
- Pour oil and honey mixture into the dry mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Press mixture into lined pan, firmly flattening it out with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula until firm and even.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden around the edges and lightly golden in the middle.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, carefully slice into long bars.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*You can find teff flour in your local health food store.