Start your week right with a big batch of these Nutty Chocolate Brownies! Perfect straight out of the oven to warm your soul with every bite. This is such an easy chocolate brownie recipe and one of my go-to recipes!
You might be wondering what are the best type of nuts for brownies? Well any kind of nut will work because they’re all delicious but I chose what I already had on hand. Pecans, cashews and almonds. These dark and rich chocolate brownies are gluten free as well!
Once you find a easy chocolate brownie recipe you tend to stick with it and once you do, you can then switch it up and make them into so many different flavours. Today I chose to make them nutty brownies and I’ve had zero regrets. The gooey chocolate brownie base topped with all those mixed nuts are the best combination. For these I prefer to use Dutch process cocoa as it provides a much deeper chocolatey flavour to your brownies and also gives you the dark chocolate colour, wonderful right?
If I do say so myself, this base recipe would have to be the best chocolate brownie recipe I’ve made, so incredibly simple and as I mentioned, you can add anything you like and voila, a tasty chocolate snack in no time!
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder, I use Dutch process cocoa powder
- 100g coconut oil, room temperature
- 115g dark cooking chocolate
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ cup mixed nuts of pecans, cashews and almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond meal and cocoa, mix well and set aside.
- In a double boiler over low-medium heat, melt coconut oil and chocolate together until smooth and shiny, stirring occasionally.
- Once completely melted, remove from heat and whisk through sugar, mixing until it’s well blended and beginning to dissolve.
- Set chocolate mixture aside to cool slightly before adding eggs, approx. 10-15 mins.
- Stir through vanilla.
- Pour in lightly whisked eggs, whisking until well combined.
- Add almond and cocoa mixture into chocolate mixture, gently folding until just combined, do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle over chopped mixed nuts.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brownie springs back when touched or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove and cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.