Wednesday’s call for gluten free blondies! Now you guys…. these blondies are gooey, decadent, fudgy and oh so delicious! Swirled with a little chocolate version of the batter, these almond marble double chocolate blondies will cure your hump day in no time!
When I get an idea in my head, I have to stick with it, no matter what. I wanted to turn my Chocolate Raspberry Brownies into a marble version blondie and I was determined to execute it! These healthy brownies/blondies are so divine you won’t be able to stop after just one slice but hey, you can always cut larger squares right?! You will love the addition of the white chocolate in the main batter, it gives this recipe a new level of deliciousness!
This is my first marble effect baked good and I’m loving every inch of them! I’ll let you in on little secret of mine. I attempted chocolate brownies with a peanut butter swirl a few months ago and oh my goodness, they were a major fail! I feel like I should add a “stuffed it up” or a “oh no!” section to my blog dedicated to my failed recipes… we’re all human here! This particular brownie with a peanut butter swirl was oh so bad that it turned out looking like a picture frame! You may not know exactly what I’m talking about but you may have to wait patiently for the “failed” section on here to see, only because I couldn’t stop laughing at how hilarious it’s appearance was! Imagine the brownie edges rising in the oven and the middle of the brownies where the peanut butter swirl is remaining at one level and not rising at all! Literary looked like a photo frame *insert laughing crying face here*. It still tasted AMAZING though!
So these brownies/blondies or whatever you feel like calling them are a must try recipe! They’re fun, full of flavour, gluten free and incredibly morish! Let me know if you make these beauties and make sure you use #wholesomepatisserie to share your wonderful and delicious creations!
- ⅓ cup (80g) white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup (65g) coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup demerara sugar
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Chocolate Marble
- ½ Tbsp raw cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line an 9" x 9" square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together, stirring occasionally. Once melted, take off heat and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, eggs, honey, sugar, almond meal, coconut flour and baking powder.
- On slow speed, mix the ingredients until they are just combined. Make a well in the centre.
- Slowly pour the chocolate/coconut mixture into the well.
- Beat mixture for 10 seconds or until the batter is just combined, smooth and shiny.
- Remove ¼ cup of the batter into a small mixing bowl.
- Pour rest of the mixture into prepared pan and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Add cacao powder into the ¼ cup batter, mix until well combined.
- Dollop rounds of the chocolate batter on top of the batter in the pan.
- Swirl chocolate dollops through the batter with a butter knife or skewer until you achieve a marble effect.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let sit in the pan for 15 minutes before removing.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Once the blondies have cooled down completely, cut them into squares and serve.