Happy Monday Friends!
As we all know, Monday’s call for something delicious to kick-start the new week and I know you’re going to LOVE these Macadamia Chocolate Chip Bars!
I know many of you really appreciate the dairy free recipes and 100% vegan based sweet recipes and this is exactly what that is!
Go-to snack recipe
These bars are like a mix between a chocolate brownie and a blondie, so we can call them marble. A perfect sweet treat snack for during your week and indeed something to look forward too!
I’m sure no-one will notice if you devour the entire batch…. surely? 😉
Let’s get baking friends!! Have a very happy and healthy new week!
- ⅓ cup almond milk or macadamia nut milk, or any plant-based milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ¾ cup macadamia nut butter
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup macadamias, halved or roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free if preferred), I use Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, combine milk, maple syrup, sugar, vanilla and macadamia nut butter.
- Melt ingredients together, mixing well, until smooth and combined, remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine oat flour, almond meal, coconut flour and baking soda, mix well.
- Pour in cooled milk and nut mixture into the dry and gently fold together until just combined.
- Fold through macadamias until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and gently fold through.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top has set and it springs back when pressed.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve and Enjoy!