Can you relate to this? That late Sunday afternoon and you have absolutely no sweet treats for snacks so you decide to whip something random up and it turns out to be incredibly awesome?! Well if you can’t, you can live vicariously through this beauty of a slice. I created these Coconut Peanut Date Bars on my busy Sunday afternoon and they turned out to be delicious! Gluten free and Vegan bars, you have to add this tasty recipe to your weekend to-do list!
I had the fancy idea of creating a classic date base recipe and added my White Chocolate Macaroon recipe as the top layer, oh yes, the deliciousness is too real too handle! I love it when i have a light bulb idea and the final result is exactly what you wished for, #winning! The top layer is flavoured with peanut butter, white chocolate and desiccated coconut, just to name a few. I have mentioned in the recipe notes that you can set your slice in the freezer to fasten up the setting process, which i always recommend if you just cannot handle the suspense! Alternatively, set your slice in the refrigerator for a good 30 minutes to 1 hour until complete hardened.
Peanut butter, enough said
I hope you enjoy my new healthy and delightful bar recipe. Let me know how you go as i love to hear your feedback. Enjoy lovelies!
- 250g pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 10min
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 2 cups almond meal
- Top Layer
- ¾ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup white chocolate*, melted
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Line a 9” x 9” square baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a high speed food processor, process soaked dates until just broken up.
- Add cacao nibs and almond meal, process until well combined and mixture resembles a soft dough.
- Press mixture into pan, set aside.
- Top Layer
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, melted coconut oil and maple syrup, mix until well combined.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler then stir through the peanut butter mixture.
- Add desiccated coconut, mix until well combined.
- Spread and press over base layer.
- Place in the refrigerator until set, approx. 30 mins - 1 hour.
- Alternatively, set in the freezer for 20-30 mins.
- Remove from fridge and cut into squares.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*Use vegan white chocolate for a complete vegan recipe.