Whole Roasted Cauliflower! Can you see this being apart of your Christmas lunch/dinner table? I can!
For all of us vegetarians and vegans out there, this whole roasted cauliflower is a great way to get in something hearty yet still delicious and meat-free during Christmas. Have you ever made or tried a whole roasted cauliflower before? I’ll be honest and say this was my first time to the both of those questions. I’m so happy I finally got around to making one. I’ve seen this idea floating around the internet for a while but never had a special occasion to make such a large dish of cauliflower.
Christmas has come along and voila! The perfect occasion to make this whole roasted cauliflower, wouldn’t you agree? I’m showing you my ideas for Christmas lunch/dinner a few weeks before the big day so you can get your menu planned. Or this could even be a suggestion to your hosts if they’re curious as to what to make for their vegetarian/vegan guests. Super simple to make, takes minimal time and ingredients but it still packs a punch in the flavour department! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 medium/large head cauliflower
- ¼ cup coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely diced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Himalayan pink salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (390ºF).
- Remove leaves from cauliflower and cut the stem so it’s flush with the rest of the cauliflower head. This will allow the cauliflower to sit upright.
- Place cauliflower in a baking tray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Adding more oil if needed to combine the all the ingredients.
- Pour dressing mixture over the entire cauliflower, massaging it in with your hands.
- Roast in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until tender, golden and slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven and carefully transfer to a large serving plate.
- Serve straight away and enjoy!