Oh my goodness! Who loves potato wedges?! If I had to choose one food that I could eat for the rest of time, it would be hot potato chips!!
What is your ‘rest of time’ food?? Chips – thin cut, thick cut and everything in-between, they’re the BEST! I literally jump up and down in excitement when there are chips for dinner oh and don’t forget about those potato chips that come in the bag, my favourite? Salt & Vinegar!
These spicy potato wedges are just so simple yet so flavoursome! Don’t let the word ‘spicy’ put you off if you’re sensitive to spice. You can control the spice in these wedges. The recipe as is though, isn’t too over the top. If anything, you can simply just omit the chilli powder because even a little touch of the chilli is slightly strong. Trust me though, these won’t burn your tongue off! I also included these awesome new seasonings created here in Australia called Mingle Seasonings and they’re free from any nasties and additives and are completely gluten free, vegan and low in salt!
Do you order the wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce at restaurants like I do? Well I haven’t done that in while only because I choose to be gluten free and try to avoid dairy but sometimes I do walk on the dark side and order them. Wedges are always a treat compared to regular fries because they are so thick, full of flavour and in a way, so decadent! If wedges can be decadent 😉
Enjoy your wedges with your favourite dipping sauce, I drizzled over classic tomato sauce but you can also use sour cream, sweet chilli sauce (of course ;). Aioli, mustard and the world is your oyster. So many wedges so little time! I actually made these wedges for dinner tonight and served them with my gluten free and vegan pasties. Again, I jumped up and down with excitement during the day as this was going to be dinner. This is how I react over food, I just love it so much and I love to eat even more!
What are your favourite variety of chips? I don’t think I would be able to choose just one, I love them all and that’s ok! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F). Line a large baking tray with parchment paper, you may need two trays depending on how many potatoes you use.
- With the skins left on, slice the potatoes into thick cut wedges. Place in a large mixing bowl. I used 5 medium potatoes for mine which served 3-4 people.
- Sprinkle all of the spices and herbs over the potatoes. Using your hands, gently mix the seasonings into the potatoes until well coated.
- Pour in melted coconut oil, using your hands again to make sure all of the potatoes are coated in melted the oil.
- Place potatoes onto prepared baking tray in a single layer. You may need two trays if you have lots of potatoes.
- Bake potatoes for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until crispy and golden. There is no need to turn the wedges over during baking.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!