Oh well hello there!! I’m back again with these incredibly handsome Hasselback Potatoes, oh my goodness do you think we should just take a moment to truly appreciate them?? Ok moment had! These absolute beauties are crispy, golden, tender, flavoursome and hearty. I don’t know what else fits “the perfect potato” checklist to be honest. If you have never made or consumed a hasselback potato before and you LOVE potatoes then I’m here to tell you that you’re missing out!
These hasselbacks are flavoured with fresh garlic, lemon juice and rosemary. Then roasted until they’re crispy on the outside and tender, soft and fluffy on the inside *salivating*. See, didn’t I tell you that you had to try these for yourself? Make these for your entire family and friends, everyone loves a good roasted potato and these hasselbacks will surely impress all of your dinner guests, oh, I wrote a short poem, go me!
They are so so simple yet so so tasty that everyone will think that you have been slaving away in the kitchen all afternoon. Little do they know, you whipped these bad boys up in no time and you spent most of your afternoon lounging outside with a drink!
Hasselback Potatoes seriously are so easy and shouldn’t be looked over when thinking of the perfect side dish for dinner. This is like the second time I have ever made hasselback potatoes and trust me, I think I’ll be making them once a week, they’re that good!!
- 4-5 large white potatoes, washed
- Oil Mixture
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF).
- Cut slits through potatoes widthways, making sure not to cut all the through.
- Place potatoes in a large baking/roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together all oil ingredients.
- Brush oil mixture over each potato, letting the oil drip through slits. Save some oil mixture for basting later.
- Roast potatoes for 45 min - 1 hour, basting each potato with oil mixture half way through roasting.
- Once potatoes are crispy, golden and slits have separated slightly, remove from oven.
- Serve immediately.