We are well and truly into Summer here in Australia and this DELICIOUS Pasta Salad is getting us through these balmy evenings, paired with a BBQ of course!
I kind of obsessed with this easy 10-ingredient pasta salad because the only cooking you have to do is boiling the pasta, which we all know doesn’t take long at all, 10 minutes tops! All the remaining ingredients are raw vegetables and seasonings.
What do you enjoy in your homemade pasta salads? This one is creamy, crunchy, full of flavour and completely versatile. You can switch the veggies up and take out or add in any of your favourite seasonal vegetables.
You coat this pasta salad in a simple dressing of mayonnaise and dijon mustard, that’s it! My oh my is this recipe scrumptious, my whole family adore this recipe and I always have to make a huge batch because we all like to get a healthy serving and then seconds and possibly thirds, you know how it goes 😉
Will you make this pasta salad this summer? I’ll let you in on a little secret, it’s perfect on those cosy winter evenings too, just saying.
- 250g pasta spirals, gluten free if preferred, cooked to packet instructions
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 3 large spring onion stalks, trimmed and diced
- 1 small red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 small celery stalk, trimmed and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- Half of 1 purple onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100g (1 punnet) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 tsp whole grain mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise, egg free if preferred
- Add cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare all vegetables, add to cooked pasta and mix well to combine.
- Add mustard and mayonnaise, mix until pasta and vegetables are well coated.
- Pour pasta salad into a large serving bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
*You can also add boiled eggs to this pasta salad.