It’s hump day already??! Didn’t we just celebrate new years over the weekend? Can you keep up with 2017..?
I hope you’re all well and truly feeling relaxed and enjoying the holidays, I am! Summer in Australia has finally arrived (emphasis on finally) seriously you guys, we experienced about 6 months of winter weather here in Melbourne. It’s now January and we are finally being welcomed with consistent warm sunshine, it is Melbourne after all, where we experience 4 seasons in one day, it’s no lie! This morning I started off in a big warm jumper with promising rain clouds and by the middle of the day I was outside sunbathing in sweltering heat, not to worry, us Melbournian’s are used to it!
Anyway’s, back at the ranch, we have cooking the easiest oven roasted rosemary fries! I love to make these when I have no idea what to eat for lunch and they’re also perfect as side to enjoy with dinner. I’m sure many of you are professional hot chip makers because they are one of the most cherished food items on this earth (Well least I think so). If you were to ask me what my number one favourite food items from both savoury and sweet, I would say fries and cupcakes!
You only need 3 ingredients to make these crunchy rosemary infused fries, oh yes please! Did your heart just skip a beat? Mine did! You will have a bowl of fries in no time, well that all depends on your “crunch” preference, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside? I got you covered!
Enjoy these rosemary fries just as they are or pair them with a delicious dipping sauce such as tomato sauce, aioli or barbecue sauce. Lunch, entree or dinner, these are winners anytime of the day!
- 2-3 large white potatoes, peeled
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh rosemary sprigs, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F). Line a large baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Slice potatoes lengthways into long shaped fries.
- Add sliced potatoes into a large mixing bowl, add melted oil and rosemary, mix until potatoes are well coated.
- Arrange potatoes in one layer on prepared tray, use two trays if needed.
- Roast potatoes for 30-40 minutes or until tender on the inside and crispy and golden on the outside.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.