Quick, easy and simple delicious salads never go out of style. I like to create salads that stray away from your regular leafy green salads because although those are wonderful and healthy, we like to enjoy a different type of salad every now and then don’t we? That’s why i made this amazing fresh egg and potato salad! This is one healthy, flavoursome and incredible salad you don’t want to miss out on.
If you’re a fan of potato salads then hello!! I already know you’re going to absolutely love this recipe. Like myself, i was always the one to go for those pre-made potato salads you can buy from your local deli and supermarket, but what exactly are in those do you think? Many additional additives that you just don’t want to be putting into your body, especially if you’re looking for a healthy and nourishing meal or side dish. Making your own from scratch is always the better option in my books! With only 8 ingredients needed, this egg and potato salad will become one of your staple go-to side salads to make for those hot summer evening barbecues. Impress your family and friends with this recipe, trust me, they will be asking for the recipe. This gluten free potato salad is a massive hit in my household.
Packed with nourishing ingredients
There are a few way you can enjoy this potato salad. Simply have it as a side salad with your meal, enjoy it for a light lunch or spread it over a few crackers for another yummy light meal. I welcome you to add any of your own additional veggies and seasonings to this recipe because anything will work, but could it get any more delicious than it already is??
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 5 small white potatoes or 3 large, washed, peeled
- 1 half onion, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 3 spring onion stalks, diced
- 2 medium sized carrots, diced
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise*
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Handful fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Fill a medium sized pot halfway with filtered water.
- Place eggs into the pot and bring to a boil, keep lid on.
- When reached boiling pot, remove lid and boil on high for 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat, remove eggs with a spoon and set aside in a bowl to cool. Drain off water.
- Once cooled, peel and remove shell, set eggs aside in a small bowl.
- Boiled Potatoes
- In the same pot, fill it up halfway with filtered water.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Cut potatoes into quarters then into 1-2 inch sized pieces.
- Once water is boiling, add potatoes.
- Boil potatoes for 5-10 minutes or until just tender, ensuring not to over cook. Boil with lid removed.
- Once tender, drain water and potatoes into a strainer or fine sieve.
- Set aside to cool.
- Dice all veggies and set aside in a small small.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and break them up using a fork or masher, leaving some large pieces.
- Stir through all mixed veggies until well combined.
- Mix through potatoes until well combined.
- Add mayonnaise and dijon mustard, mix until well coated.
- Stir through chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.
*I used gluten free and vegan mayonnaise.