Fluffy, sweet, tart and down right scrumptious! These gluten free and dairy free muffins are an absolute gem! Do you love a freshly baked muffin straight from the oven, oozing with sweet raspberries, zesty lemon, melted chocolate and a crunchy coconut topping?! I knew you did, that is why i created the perfect sweet muffin for you to enjoy. Feel guilt free when you indulge in these beauties because as i said they are gluten free and dairy free, winning!
Gluten free muffins don’t have to be complicated at all, especially when you have yummy ingredients on hand which will allow you to create the most delectable muffins. Let the kids also join in the fun as they are super easy to make and the raw batter is just as tasty as the end product, but keep an eye on those chocolate chips now!
I decided to drizzle a couple of the muffins with melted white chocolate because why not? Now you have an extra exquisite treat on your hands that needs to be eaten right away! 😀 Sam xxx
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp guar gum
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Wet Ingredients
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Rest of ingredients
- 1½ cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, dairy free
- Desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and line a muffin pan with muffin cases.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir well.
- In another mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Stir flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir until partially combined.
- Fold through raspberries and chocolate chips until evenly mixed, the batter will be thick, make sure not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cases. You can fill them right up as they don’t raise too much.
- Sprinkle some desiccated coconut onto the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let muffins sit in the pan for about 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Muffins will keep in an airtight container for up to 6 days.