You can never have enough delicious go-to muffin recipes can we?
On that thought, here’s another! Your new baking recipe today – Mixed Fruit Muffins! Gluten Free and absolutely heartwarming! You may also use regular flour if you’re not concerned about the wheat. Just be sure not to over-mix the batter as it will develop the gluten too much.
The mixed fruit in these muffins is you basic dried mixed fruit, which you can pick up from your supermarket, easy hey?! I’ll be honest and say that when you get a mouthful of the dried fruit in your muffin, it does have a hint of Christmas in there, or Easter (hot cross buns anyone?) and of course mixed fruit in the classic Christmas fruit cake!
Can you tell I have Christmas on my mind? Because I absolutely do! I’ve already begun my recipe list, you have to start early!
Anyway, back to these glorious muffins! Hope you bake up a batch and enjoy!
- 1¾ cups gluten free all purpose flour*
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit**
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a 12-hole regular sized muffin pan with regular sized muffin or cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add coconut oil. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, lightly beat the coconut oil until just soft. Add coconut sugar and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Add eggs, yoghurt and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute or until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides when needed whilst beating.
- Add dry flour mixture into creamed mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour in milk, mix until well combined and mixture forms a soft muffin batter.
- Fold through dried fruit.
- Spoon batter evenly amongst liners, filling each one just below the top edge.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
*I use ‘Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-1 Baking Flour'
**Find dried mixed fruit from your local supermarket or health food store