Good morning beautiful people! I think that is quite appropriate to say for this recipe and for everyday of course!
I want to introduce more easy, healthy and quick recipes for you. I know I have quite a few already but there is always room for more. This day and age we are all lacking in the time and money department, let’s be real. That is why I want to create simple and nourishing recipes for you. I want my blog to be a space that you can rely on, to turn to and too always know that you’re going to get what you’re looking for. We are diving deep today guys! I hope you all agree with me?! Let’s build an amazing delicious online space together! You in??!!
What a great intro too deliver you these lovely breakfast muffins. Quick, one bowl, gluten free, dairy free muffins which you can enjoy in the morning, lunch or for a tasty snack. I’m sure you will already have most of the ingredients in your pantry/refrigerator right?!
Now you may be thinking, oh my god Sam! Why is there carrot in my chocolate, coffee and oat muffins??!! Trust me, it works!! Do you like carrot cake? Just think of that. To be completely honest, you can’t even taste the carrot, but it’s there, being all healthy and such! Perfect for the kids! Hidden veggies anyone?
What do you guys like to enjoy for your breakfast? I’m the quick brekkie type of gal myself. Ain’t nobody got time for big breakfasts on weekdays. I’m not bagging them though, I just wish I had the time to enjoy them! Instead, I opt for a quick smashed avocado + tomato toast or an epic smoothie with everything in there but the kitchen sink, ok that was an over-exaggeration! Oh and if I’m feeling extra sassy and efficient, I will make a super leafy green cold pressed juice, that happens at least 2-3 times a week, I’m trying to increase that number…
GUYS! Can you believe it’s nearly Easter??!! How fast did that creep up on us? I’m rushing to get together my Easter bake list and I’m super excited! In a couple of weeks, it’s going to be all about Easter on here!
I hope you enjoy these yummy, healthy and quick breakfast muffins! Make up a batch for the entire family and they will be nourished and energised for the day! ENJOY!
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup Organic Times Dark Chocolate Drops
- 1 small-medium carrot, grated
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin liners, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together applesauce, eggs, sugar, coffee, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add in oats, mix until just combined.
- Stir through chocolate chips.
- Fold through grated carrot.
- Spoon batter evenly amongst liners, filling each one up as they don’t rise much.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.