I’m back!! Wow, I took the week off blogging to focus on a couple of projects I have going on at the moment. I have completely missed posting new delicious recipes for you guys so I’m wasting no more time and jumping straight back into it this week! Starting off with the delightful Carrot Cake Muffins with a luxurious vegan “cream cheese” frosting with a hint of chocolate to jazz thing up!
If you’re following me on Instagram, the other day I made a special and exciting announcement, I’m releasing my very first eCookBook!! *jumps up and down*! It’s a Christmas themed ebook that I have been working on for the past few months. I originally had the idea last year but I just ran out of time so I have even more ambitious to get it done for this years Christmas. Christmas is my FAVOURITE time of the entire year, the festive season is so special and magical and I love everything about it and I hope my Christmas ebook will inspire all of you. I will have more details coming within this week of it’s release, so watch this space!
How are you guys?? I have been a bit disconnected on here and social media all week and I know it’s only a week but when you go from posting every single day to nothing, it’s just a little weird, you know? Taking time away is sometimes a good thing, to take a mental break, to re-group, to fins your inspiration again and to put a little more focus on some exciting things you may have.
I should probably mention some details on these amazing muffins right?! These Carrot Cake Muffins are gluten free, vegetarian and paired with a vegan chocolate cream cheese frosting. These beauties are super soft, fresh, moist, a little crumbly, decadent and a crowd pleaser. If you LOVE carrot cake, then you will LOVE these muffin versions and can we please just take a moment to appreciate this vegan cream cheese frosting that has a hint of chocolate..? Give them a go!!
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1½ cups grated carrots, approx. 1-2 large carrots
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 cup coconut cream, refrigerated overnight or until solid
- 2 - 2½ cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin liners, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients until well blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture, add wet mixture into dry, stir until just combined.
- Fold through grated carrots.
- Stir through walnuts and sultanas.
- Spoon batter evenly amongst liners, filling each liner ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a stand mixer attached with the whisk attachment or using a hand mixer, whisk solid coconut cream and 1 cup icing sugar until combined.
- Gradually add remaining icing sugar until mixture thickens, add more icing sugar until a smooth, thick icing consistency.
- Add cacao and vanilla, whisk for a further 20 - 30 seconds until smooth and well combined.
- Spread frosting over each muffin.
- Serve and Enjoy!
The icing will set after a few hours, set in the refrigerator if you want it to be solid sooner.