Happy Friday Friends! My Pesto Spaghetti is here for you!! How good is homemade pesto in pasta…? Ohh yes!
This pesto spaghetti recipe is so incredibly easy you won’t even be able to deal! All you have to do is cook your spaghetti as usual and whilst that is boiling away, you quickly whip up your homemade pesto (which is all made in your food processor by the way) and then you stir your pesto through your cooked spaghetti and voila! You now got yourself one delicious flavoursome bowl of goodness!
This pesto is actually nut free and instead you add pumpkin seeds! If you also can’t consume seeds, just omit them altogether and this pesto is still just as delicious!
Don’t you just love easy, flavoursome and healthy dinners? Most importantly the quick ones? Yep, this pesto spaghetti ticks all of those boxes and it’s even better on a Friday evening when you just don’t have the energy to cook up anything too involved. Besides, who doesn’t want to devour a big bowl of spaghetti thats bursting with green vibrancy?!
I hope you enjoy this tasty dish! Have a fabulous weekend ahead!
- 1 pkt (340g) gluten free spaghetti, or regular spaghetti
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shaved parmesan**
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium-large pot, cook spaghetti according to packet instructions with the addition of the Himalayan pink salt into the cooking water.
- Whilst spaghetti is cooking, begin pesto.
- Place all ingredients, except for the olive oil, into a high speed food processor, blend on high until all ingredients are well combined.
- With the processor running on low-medium speed, drizzle in olive oil through the spout of the processor. Continue to blend until smooth.
- Adjust the quanitity of oil until you reach your desired pesto consistency.
- Once spaghetti is finished cooking, reserve ½ cup of the cooking water and then drain off spaghetti.
- Add spaghetti back into the pot and stir through prepared pesto along with the ½ cup reserved liquid. Gently stir until well combined. If the spaghetti begins to stick, drizzle a little olive oil over to keep it smooth.
- Serve with a sprinkle of shaved parmesan and fresh parsley.
*You can also use regular spaghetti if you’re not too concerned about being gluten free.
**You can omit the parmesan altogether if you’re dairy free or vegan. Or you can add your favourite dairy free cheese instead!