Lemon Spinach Penne Pasta!! Perfection for the beginning of your week! This pasta is a simple go-to dinner that you and your entire family will enjoy. Super quick to whip up yet it’s bursting with flavour.
Fresh lemon, wilted spinach and parsley with a welcoming addition of mint leaves takes this penne pasta to the next level. Move on from your regular tomato pasta’s for one evening to enjoy a bowl of this heart-warming deliciousness!
- 1 packet (340g) gluten free or regular penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup fresh parsley, rough chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium-large lemon + juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- In a medium-large pot, cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add mined garlic and cook until fragrant, approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach and parsley, cook until just beginning to wilt.
- Stir through lemon zest and pour in the freshly squeezed lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, reserve ½ cup of the cooking water and then drain off pasta.
- Add pasta to fry pan and stir until well combined. Adding a little of the reserved cooking water if pasta gets to dry.
- Once heated through, remove from heat and stir through chopped mint leaves and desired amount of nutritional yeast.
- Serve and enjoy!