Happy Wednesday friends! I hope you’re all having a fabulous week so far! To keep you going, I have created this delicious and delightful simple pasta dish! Yum!
A pasta with a glorious vinaigrette dressing instead of a creamy pasta sauce or even a tomato one. I love those too but this is something a little lighter and fresher, you excited?!
This balsamic vinaigrette is so easy to make that you can quickly whip it up before time and store it in your refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. I used a large mason jar to mix all of my vinaigrette ingredients in or you can use a mixing jug or any other glass jar with a lid. You add all of your ingredients, place on the lid and shake well to combine then store! If you’re using a mixing jug, simply add in all of your vinaigrette ingredients and stir it quickly with a spoon until well blended, easy? Yes!
Not only is this balsamic vinaigrette simple to prepare, so is the mixture for the pasta! Classic flavours create a fresh, light and heart-warming pasta meal for you and your family and friends to enjoy any day of the week. You don’t even need a separate steamer to cook your broccolini because you blanch them in your pasta just before it’s finished cooking! Easy and quick dinners are the best!
Filled with healthy and nourishing ingredients, this pasta is even perfect for your little ones! This beautiful balsamic vinaigrette gives this pasta a lovely aroma and taste that everyone will fall in love with! I also use gluten free pasta which I find at my local supermarkets and health food stores. Gluten free is super simple to make, find and is readily available at most places. If you’re not too concerned about gluten, go ahead and use your favourite regular pasta! Here are the gluten free pasta brands I use:
What is your favourite pasta dish? Delicious pasta meals are always a winner for dinner when you just haven’t got the time for much else am I right?! Enjoy!
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅔ cup Cobram Estate Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs (all-purpose) seasoning
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 250g (1 packet) gluten free spiral pasta, or regular spiral/panne pasta
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium purple onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 medium-large leek, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 small bunches broccolini, trimmed and sliced into smaller florets
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients into a large glass jar, such as a mason jar with a lid. NOTE: You may also use a mixing jug and just stir the ingredients until well blended.
- Shake the jar until all ingredients inside are well blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill a large pot up half way with filtered water, bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook per packet instructions.
- When the pasta has only 3 minutes to go, add trimmed broccolini into the pasta and cover them well with the water, blanching them until tender and until pasta is cooked.
- Whilst pasta is cooking begin onion and leek mixture.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat and melt coconut oil.
- Add diced onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Stir through leeks and cook for a further 2 minutes or until leeks are translucent. Turn heat to low once cooked.
- When pasta is ready and broccolini is tender, drain off water through a large colander.
- Pour pasta mixture back into the same pot you cooked it in.
- Remove onion and leek mixture from heat and add into pasta and broccolini, gently stir until well combined.
- Pour in approx. ¾ cup - 1 cup of the vinaigrette into the pasta, gently stir until pasta is well coated. Adding more of the vinaigrette until you reach your desired flavour.
- Serve and enjoy!
When cooking the pasta. You can also cook the onion and leek mixture before the pasta and broccolini and set it aside until the pasta is cooked and ready.