It’s hard for me to stay away from chocolate, especially when it’s mixed with peanuts! That’s exactly what I did for today’s recipe, blended chocolate with the two best forms of peanuts, actual peanuts and peanut butter!
Today we are making the most decadent chocolate truffles! What’s really exciting about these beauties is that they’re completely dairy free, woohoo! Vegans can make and enjoy the sweetest of desserts too you know!
Wow, I cannot believe I didn’t touch on the fact that these are actually Snicker’s truffles! Well snickered inspired. Peanuts and chocolate in the form of smooth, rich and addictive truffles is calling your name, you don’t have to feel guilty, I won’t allow it! This recipe uses coconut cream instead of regular cows cream and dairy free dark chocolate. I also picked up my vegan chocolate just from my local health food store. If you’re not too concerned about the dairy in the dark chocolate, you’re welcome to go ahead and use regular dark chocolate or even dark cooking chocolate.
I love making decadent chocolate truffles instead of regular bliss balls because they require less ingredients and are just so tempting and delicious! Don’t get me wrong, I do love bliss balls but you know me and my obsession with rich chocolate so I’m a complete sucker for these truffle balls!
I hope you enjoy these as much as you enjoy the temptation of wishing you could devour them whilst you’re making them. It’s hard to wait for the mixture to set but I promise it’s all worth it in the end!
- 1¼ cup (250g) dairy free dark chocolate*, finely chopped
- ½ cup canned full fat coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp Cocobella Plain Coconut Yoghurt**
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- 2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- Cacao or cocoa powder for dusting
- Extra chopped peanuts for decoration
- Finely chop chocolate and set aside.
- Pour coconut cream into a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Gently heat cream until bubbles begin to appear around the edges of the pot. You don’t want it to reach boiling point.
- Once slightly simmering, remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Leaving this mixture untouched for 2 minutes.
- Begin to whisk mixture to further melt the chocolate into the cream until just blended.
- Pour in coconut yoghurt, vanilla and peanut butter. Whisk until well blended. The mixture should now be thick, smooth and shiny.
- Stir through chopped peanuts.
- Pour mixture into a clean bowl and refrigerate until completely set. Approx. 1-2 hours.
- Line a baking tray and set aside.
- Once set and firm, pick up approx. 1 tablespoon worth and roll into balls. You may want to use gloves for this step.
- Place on lined tray and repeat this method with remaining mixture.
- Dust over cacao, or cocoa, powder.
- Top each truffle with a little chopped peanut.
- Serve and enjoy!
*I find my dairy free dark chocolate from my local health food store.
**I used dairy free yoghurt fromCocobella. You way also use regular yoghurt, your favourite yoghurt or greek yoghurt.