How are you all, have each of you settled back into reality after this fabulous holiday season, or perhaps it’s not over for you yet! Today’s recipe are these glorious Red Velvet Cookies.
I have to be honest, I did make these a few days before Christmas, hence why they are red but i just didn’t have the time to post the recipe, so now you have them! I was going to name them ‘Santa Clause’s Cookies’ but opted for Red Velvet Cookies instead because Christmas is over, sad face 🙁
This recipe does use red gel food colouring but if you wish to omit this, you may. It will not alter the flavour or texture in the final product, just the appearance. These gluten free cookies are the fluffiest, softest cookies i think i have ever made.
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 1⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 Tbsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 tsp red gel food colouring
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1½ cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of himalayan pink salt
- Chocolate Chips
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper, set aside.
- Beat butter, peanut butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla and food colouring and beat until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- In a clean bowl, sift together cacao, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mix to butter mix and beat until just combined.
- Form cookies, approx. 2 Tbsp of mixture per cookie.
- Place cookies on prepared baking tray, leaving enough room between each cookie, about 2 inches. Slightly press down on them with your hand to form a round.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges and the cookies come away from the parchment paper easily.
- Leave cookies on tray and decorate with chocolate chips, carefully push chocolate chips into each cookie.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional: Pour a small amount of icing sugar into a sieve and dust over the cookies.
- Serve and Enjoy!
You may omit the red gel food colouring if you prefer not to use it, it will not alter the final product.