Last weekend i was munching on my delicious Almond Butter Macaroons and i thought, you know what, these are such an amazing treat that i could definitely make a different version of them. Of course when i think of sweet treats, chocolate always comes to mind. Especially white chocolate, one of my guilty pleasures!
So i replaced the cacao powder in my almond butter macaroons with melted white chocolate and voila! A brand new, scrumptious and delightful treat! You will have to have some self control to not gobble all of these at once, one or two is just not enough! Could there be a better pairing than white chocolate and peanut butter? Well yes of course there is but right now its white chocolate and peanut butter on our minds!
These beauties do soften at room temperature so be sure to keep them refrigerated if you want them to stay firm. Only 5 ingredients and you will have yourself the most incredible and tasty little sweet treat, go on… you know you want too!
- ¾ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup white chocolate, melted with 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add peanut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and mix until well combined.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler with coconut oil then stir through the peanut butter mixture.
- Gradually add in desiccated coconut, mixing well after each addition.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of mixture and make rounds on the prepared baking tray.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place the baking tray in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the macaroons are set. Or set in the refrigerator for 30 min - 1 hour.
Macaroons will soften at room temperature so keep refrigerated.