You guys, it’s Thursday already, where did that week go? It’s starting to get a little cray cray.
I’m pretty proud of this easy cookie recipe I’m sharing with you today because I literary just typed the ingredient list and made caluclated guesses for each of the amounts and voila, they worked. Side note: there will be no explanation marks or numbers in this post because I accidentally spilt water on my laptop last night and now none of my numbers are working. Not happy jan. Not the end of the world though is it? Sorry in advance for many full stops, it makes it look like I’m not happy, lol.
So these cookies you’re probably wondering what are they and why are they so special? These beauties are nut free, gluten free and dairy free, yippee. My Dad LOVES those honey joys, you know them right? The cornflake cereal mixed with honey, baked in mini cupcake liners and that’s it. Such a classic. He requested some honey joy like cookies so that is what I tried to deliver. Instead, I decided to crush the cornflake cereal so they would form better as a cookie with the other ingredients, great right? Yes.
These easy cereal cookies are perfect for the kids school lunches and perfect for you and the entire family throughout your busy week. Or especially on those beautiful relaxing weekends with a cup of tea or hot chocolate, yummy. As I said, these are great for the kids because the cookies are nut free, which I know many parents sometimes struggle with because peanut allergies are prominent now more than ever. These simple cookies are perfect for your little ones.
With the addition of delicious sultanas, these nut free cookies will go down an absolute treat with everyone, that is a promise.
- 2 cups cornflake cereal
- 1⅓ cup oat flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sultanas
- 2 small eggs
- ¼ cup runny honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add cornflakes to a high speed food processor and pulse on high until cereal just turns to a crumb. Leaving a few bigger pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl, add oat flour, desiccated coconut, sugar, baking powder and sultanas. Mix well.
- Add in eggs, honey and vanilla, mix until well combined. The batter will be quite sticky.
- Using gloves, roll mixture into balls, approx. two tablespoons worth per ball. Place on prepared tray and press down slightly to form a cookie. They will spread in the oven so leave enough room between each, approx. two inches. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and they lift off the baking sheet.
- Remove and cool on tray for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!