Chocolate Walnut Cookies! Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, that’s what you like to hear about the perfect cookie! Gluten free and vegan, now that’s even better!! Seriously you guys, these are THE BEST!!
Easy recipes is what I know you guys love so here is another one for you. This cookie recipe is perfection and you can really switch up the fillings and this time, I decided to fold through chopped walnuts and they pair so wonderfully with the rich chocolate, adds crunch and health! Hope you enjoy these delicious and delightful cookies as much as I do!
- Flax Egg
- 1 Tbsp ground flax + 2 Tbsp water, mixed together
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup Organic Times Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Wet Ingredients
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF), line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Make flax egg by mixing together the ground flax and water, mix well and set aside to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients until well blended, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients and prepared flax egg.
- Pour wet mixture into dry, mix until smooth and well combined.
- Roll mixture into balls, approx. the size of a golf ball. Place on prepared tray and press down to create a thick round disc.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies crack slightly on top and turn lightly golden around the edges.
- Remove and cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you don’t have gluten free oat flour, simply process gluten free rolled oats into a fine flour.