Friday’s call for a fresh batch of fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies! Oozing with melted chocolate, a crunchy outside texture with a soft and warm inside, pure indulgence!
Do you love cookies as much as I do?! They are such an easy sweet treat that everyone always enjoys, especially the kind that’s filled with decadent chocolate, yum!
Can you believe I haven’t posted a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe before?? I thought I had but that was actually my chocolate chip muffins, similar but not! I do have a dark chocolate chip cookie recipe which is a chocolate cookie with chocolate chips. This recipe is a regular vanilla cookie with chocolate chips folded through, you know, the regular chic-chip cookie. Confused? Yeah me too! 😉
Here it is though, my delicious, simple and classic chocolate chip cookies! I used the base of my White Chocolate + Macadamia Cookies but replaced those two ingredients with chopped dark chocolate. You can also use chocolate chips but I wanted pure decadence with the melted chocolate oozing from the cookies. I think you would have to agree with me there too wouldn’t you?!
I just LOVE this awesome cookie recipe. You can use this recipe as a base and incorporate any flavours you want, the world is your oyster, or shall I say, the world is your cookie!
What are your favourite cookie flavours? Or flavour combinations? I love creating new flavours and pairing classic ones together. Sweet treats are always in my household and especially the chocolate sweet treats!
I hope you enjoy these yummy cookies! You can whip these beauties up in less than 1 hour. Perfect and delicious! Enjoy!
- 1½ cups gluten free all purpose flour, I use Bobs Red Mill ‘1-to-1 Baking Flour’*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 cup (200g) dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together coconut oil and coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl until well combined and just beginning to get fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, whisk until light, fluffy and smooth.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, whisking well until it begins to form a soft dough.
- Fold through chopped chocolate.
- Form into a dough, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into balls/cookies. Approx. 2 tablespoons worth each. Place onto prepared tray, pressing down on them slightly, you don’t want them as a complete ball so press them down halfway. Leaving 2 inches between each cookie as they do spread.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove and cool on tray for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*I love Bobs Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour in my baked goods. It works perfectly as an exact swap for regular flour as a 1:1 ratio. You may also use any other gluten free all purpose flour or any regular wheat all purpose flour.