Let me introduce you to these incredible crunchy, morish, gluten free almond butter chocolate cookies. I love the addition of almond butter to these yummy simple cookies. It’s understated flavour compliments the chocolate, creating a fabulous cookie recipe that will certainly be a family favourite. The first bite you take out of one of these cookies, you will be left wishing you made a double batch, i’m just still thankful i still have half the batch in my pantry to look forward too!
If you’re a major peanut butter fan and lover such as myself and you have never tried almond butter before, you need to put it on your next shopping list. As Mayvers July Taste Tester, i couldn’t wait to create a delicious treat using their almond spread. What pairs perfectly with almond butter? Chocolate of course! Tell me you didn’t think i was going to say that ;). I wanted to go all out and add real white chocolate to these cookies. There is also cacao powder in batter, white chocolate + chocolate = something incredible!
Personally, i made my cookies bigger than i usually would because I’ve missed those huge, decadent cookies you can buy from such places as bakeries. When i was creating these i thought to myself, they’re more like the size of those Subway cookies. Now i haven’t had one of those in many many years but i can only imagine the amount of nasty sugar and additives in them. You’re much better off making your own homemade, gluten free, healthier cookies!
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cacao, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, almond spread and coconut sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour in egg and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- Add in dry mixture, beat until just combined and all flour is mixed through.
- Fold through chopped white chocolate.
- Using your hands, form cookies, approx. the size of a golf ball.
- Place them on your prepared baking tray, 2 inch apart. Slightly pressing down on each cookies.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and they lift off the baking sheet.
- Let cookies cool on tray for 5 minutes before removing.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Optional: drizzle each cookie with melted chocolate for extra deliciousness.