It’s Christmas and I’m officially excited! Equally as excited about these fabulous cupcakes also. I would like to introduce to you my Snow Cupcakes! They are a gluten free cupcake using coconut flour which is paired with a white chocolate peppermint frosting and can we all please just take a moment to appreciate how great these look and taste? I’ll be making these for Christmas Day for my family to enjoy, they are so incredibly delicious and easy to create. You can make these the day before as they stay fresh the following day.
Right now I’m struggling to find a gluten free self raising flour that i love. Some are too tough and heavy if you slightly over mix the batter, so i wanted to give coconut flour cupcakes a go for myself and they are absolutely perfect! I urge you to give these a go for yourself, this recipe is simple and you should have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
To celebrate Christmas, i decided to pair these amazing coconut flavoured cupcakes with a white chocolate buttercream that has been infused with peppermint essence, screams christmas right?! I hope you enjoy these delightful beauties and if i don’t speak with you again, i wish you, your family and friends a very Merry Christmas!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp himalayan pink salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 50g butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 90g white chocolate
- 4 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp peppermint essence
- Fresh Raspberries
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line a cupcake pan with patty liners. This recipe makes 8 cupcakes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Whisk in eggs, honey, coconut oil, milk and vanilla. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake patties.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a double boiler over low-medium heat, melt white chocolate. Begin frosting while chocolate is melting but remember to stir the chocolate every now and then.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, add butter. Using the whisk attachment, whisk the butter for 30 seconds or until just soft.
- Gradually add icing sugar, 1 cup at a time.
- If white chocolate is done, take it off the heat to let it cool slightly.
- Between the addition of the icing sugar, add almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Pour in peppermint essence.
- Add melted white chocolate and beat mixture for a further 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Once cupcakes have completely cooled, pipe on the frosting, using a round piping tip.
- Place one raspberry on each cupcake.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cupcakes will keep in an airtight container, refrigerated or in the pantry for up to 1 week.