A delicious, sweet, luxurious dessert cake that is gluten free and dairy free! You can also enjoy this as normal cake, which is what my family and i tend to do. On this occasion, i wanted to jazz it up a bit and serve and present the cake in a dessert style.
All i did different was cut a round piece and i added fresh tart raspberries and of course as always, melted dark chocolate, yum!
I would recommend to serve this if you’re having a party or a gathering as one of your tasty sweet treats. You will also love to snack on this cake during your week and it’s also delicious and nutritious for the kids! Who doesn’t love a easy banana cake?!
- 3 medium sized bananas or 2 large, mashed
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp himalayan pink salt
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Lemon Coconut Frosting
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 cups icing sugar, gluten free
- The juice of 1 medium-large lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Fresh raspberries
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line an 10 x 10 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bananas and mash them with your hands.
- Add all remaining ingredients into the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Lemon Coconut Frosting
- Melt coconut oil over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- In a stand mixer, add melted coconut oil and add 1 cup of icing sugar at a time.
- Slowly pour in lemon juice, alternating between icing sugar and lemon juice until the desired consistency is achieved, soft peaks.
- Add vanilla and mix frosting for a further 30 seconds or until light and fluffy.
- Serving Suggestions
- Spread frosting over cake. You can serve this cake as it is and slice it up when you want it.
- As i have presented it in the photos
- Using a small or medium sized cookie cutter, cut as many pieces as you desire. I cut the pieces before i put on the frosting, you can also cut them after you have added the frosting.
- If adding frosting after cutting, use a piping bag with a small round nozzle and pipe small rounds on top of the cake to cover the top.
- Place a raspberry on top of each piped frosting.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t have a piping bag, just use a butter knife to spread the frosting on top of the cake.
Once raspberries and chocolate have been added, it is best served straight away.
The cake with the frosting can be kept in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.