Peanut butter jelly time!! You best believe i was blasting ‘Peanut Butter Jelly’ by Galantis when i was making this banana bread. I took my Blackberry Banana Bread recipe and turned it into this amazing, morish, fluffy, tasty bread that has been swirled with Mayver’s crunchy peanut butter and my homemade berry jam. Obviously there has to be melted chocolate added in there somewhere. It’s so darn good that we just need to take a moment to appreciate it….
I seem to be sharing my deepest darkest secrets with you recently, such as I’ve never had a cup of coffee or being completely unaware of the existence of blondies (try my Tahini Blondies now!). Let me share another interesting fact about myself, I’ve never tried peanut butter and jelly together!!! Shock horror, complete sacralidge… now back to reality. Most likely because PB and jelly is more of an American tradition and I’m Australian. Originally i was just going to add the crunchy peanut butter and a drizzle of chocolate but i had the genius idea of adding jam, yummo! I didn’t have any store bought jam on hand so i quickly whipped up my homemade mixed berry jam, find my similar recipe here. I used mixed berries instead of just raspberries.
Ready for breakfast
This banana bread can be enjoyed for breakfast, a snack through the busy working week or over your weekend when you can also share it with your family and friends (if you dare). You can top the finished baked banana bread off with as much jam and chocolate as you desire, the more the merrier don’t they say? If you’re feeling really wild, go ahead and add more peanut butter on top, go on, you know you want too!
- 4 medium/large ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 50g butter, melted
- 125g Mayvers almond spread
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Pinch of himalayian salt
- ½ cup Mayvers crunchy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup berry jam*
- 2-3 Tbsp berry jam
- 2-3 Tbsp dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Line an 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, add bananas, eggs, butter and almond butter. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
- Add flour mix and beat until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Dollop peanut butter and jam randomly onto batter. Take a butter knife or skewer and swirl them into the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow banana bread to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle desired amount of jam and melted chocolate over cake.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*I used homemade mixed berry jam. You can also use any bought berry jam such as strawberry or raspberry jam.