Over this past weekend i spotted some over ripe bananas in my fruit bowl that were screaming to be used. The only thought that came to mind was to create a new banana recipe, muffins or banana bread were my two instant options! Gluten free banana bread it was because who can resist a freshly baked banana bread enjoyed over a hot cup of tea on a Sunday afternoon? Did I just paint the perfect weekend picture for you?
This banana bread recipe is filled with lots of yummy ingredients including, raspberries, peppermint and old fashioned rolled oats. I adapted this recipe from Making Thyme For Health Flourless Blueberry Banana Muffins to create a delicious and heart warming banana bread. I would describe this loaf to be quite rustic in it’s appearance and texture thanks to the rolled oats. I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats to fill this wonderfully delightful banana bread.
When I get hooked on one flavour at the beginning of the week, I decide to jump on board and use that one flavour ingredient in each of my recipes for the week. This is what has happened here with the flavour mint! On Monday i shared my new Mint Slice recipe which is absolutely stunning by the way, please do yourself a favour and make up a batch for yourself!
This yummy gluten free banana bread is bursting with aroma and flavour. The addition of the tart raspberries paired with the peppermint essence is unbelievably tasty. I guess you will just have to bake a loaf and give it a try for yourself. Your family and friends sure won’t be disappointed!
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas
- ½ cup (140g) almond butter
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (170g) maple syrup
- 2¼ cup (220g) gluten free rolled oats*
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup (130g) frozen or fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup (70g) white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup (70g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line an 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place all ingredients except raspberries and chocolate, in a stand mixer bowl.
- Beat until ingredients come together.
- Add raspberries and chocolate, beat until well combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow banana bread to cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before removing.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. Find any gluten free oats from your local health food store.