It’s Good Friday! Cannot even begin to believe where that week went! I was just organising my Easter recipes for you guys and now it’s finally here!! YAY!
I hope you all have enjoyed my Easter recipes for 2017?? I know I have! I’m still snacking on all of the deliciousness, I wish you could join me in a delightful feast! This porridge is my last Easter recipe, sad? No! Because it’s so incredibly decadent, you won’t even realise! I call it a chocolate milkshake in porridge form! That’s right, a chocolate milkshake! Oh and you can eat it for breakfast too, duh! What is Easter without consuming chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner??
This yummy gluten free porridge has all of the elements of a milkshake, only crunchy! Remember that ad on TV? It was for Cocoa Puffs wasn’t it? That cereal? Oh those were the golden years!
As I said, this porridge is pretty much a chocolate milkshake only you can eat it and it has oats. There is the milk element (the creamy milky porridge), the chocolate sauce and the chocolate ice-cream! How great is this you guys? Obviously I had to create something like this! Who wouldn’t want chocolate milkshake inspired porridge?
You don’t need to add any additional sweetener in the oats when you’re cooking them because you will be adding chocolate sauce and ice-cream later… that sweetness just speaks for itself!
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1½ cups almond milk or any non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp store-bought chocolate sauce*
- 1 large scoop chocolate ice-cream**
- ½ cup Freedom Foods Crafted Blends Clusters in ‘Vanilla, Maple & Flaked Almond’***
- Combine oats, 1 cup milk and cinnamon in a small pot over high heat. Mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, whilst stirring.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook over a fast simmer for 5 minutes or until oats have absorbed most of the milk. Stirring occasionally. Keep adding a little more milk if your oats get too gluggy.
- Once cooked through, you can pour in the remaining milk and stir through. This will keep the porridge moist.
- Pour into a serving bowl and drizzle over chocolate sauce.
- Place ice-cream scoop in the middle of the porridge and sprinkle over muesli clusters.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
**I used Zebra Dream 'Chocolate Delight' Ice-Cream, it’s coconut based and completely vegan!
***You can also use any muesli or granola.