New week new drink!! These raspberry “gin and tonics” will get you off to a great start!
Raspberry kombucha, gin, charred lemon wedges and fresh rosemary, now thats a flavour party you don’t want to miss out on!
Big thanks to Claire from Spinkles And Sprouts for the awesome char-grilled lemon wedge idea, you go girl!
I decided to flavour these cocktails with raspberry kombucha instead of the traditional tonic water because change is always a good thing right? So is creativity! These are super refreshing, earthy, simple and obviously delicious! You would know by now that I’m a kombuchaolic and I ain’t ashamed to say it! Any chance I get to add kombucha to a recipe, I do. No cocktail is safe.
The smoke you see in these images are from me lighting the fresh rosemary sprigs on firreee!! *do not try this at home* but really, it’s not that dangerous, just ensure that you don’t get too carried away, only create smoke not flames!! The reason I did this is for the photos, gotta get me action shots in there, duh! Also I have been spending way too many hours on Pinterest (it’s an addiction and I need help) and I keep coming across smoking rosemary sprigs from cocktails. Would you pass up an opportunity to make smokin’ rosemary? Nah, didn’t so.
So let’s recap, fizzy raspberry flavoured kombucha, gin, ice, charred lemon juice and fresh rosemary, you ready for this?
- Half a lemon, sliced into thick wedges
- 1 cup ice
- 2 oz gin
- 1 x 330ml bottle Remedy Kombucha in 'Raspberry Lemonade’
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Heat a heavy non-stick fry pan over high heat. Once hot, place each lemon wedge in the pan and fry each side until charred, approx. 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Divide ice between two serving glasses.
- Divide gin into each glass. Slowly pour over kombucha.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice from the charred lemon wedges into each glass then add the entire wedge into each.
- Place a sprig of rosemary into each glass and serve.