Milkshakes with a twist!! A matcha-lamington flavoured twist! You in?!
No plain milkshakes seen here you guys! These fun milkshakes use a super healthy ingredient, matcha powder!
I use my favourite culinary matcha powder from Zen Wonders. It works perfectly in recipes and it’s super easy to work with so I can highly recommend it to you guys!
Who doesn’t know what Lamingtons are?? They are an Australian Cake! So us Aussies are always devouring Lamingtons (well I am at least haha). Guess what? There is such a thing as Matcha Lamingtons, I suggest you Google that one to be really amazed 😉
So because these delicious creations exist in our wonderful world, I decided to take it to the next level and take those flavours and put them into milkshakes! I’m sure everyone would agree that was a good idea yeah? I know you’re all with me on that one!!
These milkshakes are actually really simple to make. They use just a few ingredients and soon you will be sipping away at one of these absolute beauties. To be honest… I just really wanted to re-create that matcha-milk swirl you see going on in those glasses. I’m sure if you have seen a few of those whilst you have been browsing Pinterest? Who else here spends wayyy too much time on Pinterest? I don’t think that’s a problem though.. hehe.
I hope you enjoy these delightful and delicious Matcha Lamington Milkshakes! Oh and I hope you also get to create your very own wonderful matcha-milk swirl!!
- 2 tsp Zen Wonders Culinary Matcha Powder
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- 2-4 scoops vanilla ice-cream, I useZebra Dream Dairy Free Vanilla Ice-Cream
- 1½ cups coconut milk, plus extra for topping up the milkshakes
- 2-4 Tbsp chocolate fudge sauce, store bought
- Glass Decoration - Optional
- 20g dark cooking chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- Follow the glass decoration method below if desired.
- In a heat-proof jug, add matcha and a little of the boiling hot water, whisking briskly to make a paste. Gradually pour in remaining hot water and whisk until no lumps remain. Whisk in vanilla.
- In serving glasses, add desired amount of ice-cream scoops. NOTE: This recipes makes 2 milkshakes.
- Pour in coconut milk between the 2 glasses, only filling them halfway up.
- Pour in matcha mixture to fill the glasses. Stir through desired amount of chocolate sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Optional glass decoration: Dip each glass rim into melted chocolate, keep it upright whilst it drizzles down. Sprinkle desiccated coconut and refrigerate until set.