You’ve heard about the “trendy” turmeric latte haven’t you? Well here’s my version!
I don’t like to put the word “trendy” at the beginning of turmeric latte, I’d rather refer to it as “healing” and “relaxing” turmeric latte as that is exactly what it is.
If you have never tried a warm turmeric drink before, I do highly recommend it! I don’t have them as regularly as I do hot chocolate, tea and chai but they’re wonderful for when you need a little internal healing, such as relief from aches and pains or any gut issues you’re dealing with. Turmeric is a powerhouse spice and loaded with incredible healing properties :
Boosts Skin Health
Reduces Oxidative Stress
A cup of this turmeric golden milk is absolutely going to do you wonders! Regular consumption will have fantastic long term health benefits to you.
If you can handle the potent strength of turmeric, you’re more than welcome to add even a little more turmeric to your drink to suit your taste!
- 2 cups almond milk or plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1½ tsp maple syrup
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high for 30 - 60 seconds until smooth and well combined.
- Pour mixture into a small-medium pot and put over a medium heat.
- Whisk whilst cooking to ensure turmeric is dissolved in the liquid.
- Taste test and sweeten extra with maple syrup to your liking.
- Heat milk for 2-3 minutes or until steam comes off the surface or until desired drinking temperature, not boiling.
- Pour into serving mugs and enjoy!